(final?) Budget plans for fiscal year 23″ />
Here are the published open committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected agenda highlights.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are any remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, note that changes to the meeting schedule are known throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that surfaced after last Monday’s post.) An updated list of meetings can be found on the city’s website.
Worthless – The FY23 budget has been on the agenda of the Special Board and Advisory Committee for months. However, they are aiming to finalize the numbers this week in the hope that the numbers in the printed warrant will not have to be changed at the city assembly level. (Though the gathering doesn’t open until May 4, the warrant is expected to go to the printer this week.)
Monday April 4, 2022
- Meeting of the Capital Planning Committee12:55 p.m. (agenda) Agenda highlights: Updates from Neary Building Committee, South Union Subcommittee and revised Town Clerk Proposal; Police Taser Renewal; Rec Request for CPA Articles for Pickleball Courts at Finn; updates on ATM warrants and advisory positions; ARPA Committee Update and Impact; Town Meeting Article for Neary School Feasibility Study; Updates to surveys and investment project trackers
Tuesday April 5, 2022
- Select board meeting6:30 p.m. (agenda and package) Agenda highlights: appoint student police officers; OPEB audit; Audit of FY21; warrant article for the Standing Trails Committee; MBTA Communities Writing Update; update on face-to-face meetings; Approval to start EEA grant project Rte 9 Business Corridor; Budget update for fiscal year 23; Positions on warrant items; al fresco dining permits; Update to Tree Warden and Tree Hearing for Flagg/Deerfoot Rd
Wednesday April 6, 2022
- Meeting of the Board of Commissioners of Trust Fund8:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room17 Common St (Agenda) Agenda highlights: Continuing the discussion of an applicant’s needs
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee meeting9:00 a.m. (agenda) Agenda highlights: Feedback on the final draft of the housing chapter in the master plan; South Union Subcommittee Update; 5-Year Affordable Housing Plan; Presentation by the Metropolitan Area Planning Council; ARPA Top 4 Priorities; MBTA communities
- Meeting of the Master Plan Committee7:00 p.m. (agenda) Agenda highlights: Chapter reports on housing, public services and schools; implementation feedback; adding images from the competition to the schedule; Next Steps
- Advisory Board meeting7:30 p.m. (agenda) Agenda highlights: status of the near building committee; Mooney Field Project and Community Preservation Committee Financial Review; budget and work of the Economic Development Committee; FY23 proposed performance budget and overall budget; Warrant item positions
Thursday April 7, 2022
- Meeting of the expert committee4:15 p.m @ Town House Hearing Room17 Common St (Agenda) Agenda highlights: Review and signing of a five-year assessment methodology agreement between Verizon New England, Dept of Revenue, and the City (to develop assessments for fiscal year 2023-27); Update on the program of measures and lists for single-family homes
- Meeting of the Ad Hoc Committee on the Noise Ordinance7:30 p.m. (agenda) Agenda highlights: draft status; Working on programming, Q&A and public relations
- ARPA Committee meeting, 7:30 p.m. – The committee asked readers to be informed that they meet weekly at this time “to discuss how to spend over $3 million allocated to the city through the American Recovery Plan Act.” will”. Public comments are welcome after the agenda closes or can be emailed in advance. For details click here. To search for the agenda, which will be published later this week, click here.
Friday April 8, 2022
- Library Board of Trustees meeting12:00 p.m. (agenda) Agenda highlights: Approve the library facade restoration project change order
- Southborough Stewardship Committee meeting4:30 p.m. (agenda) Agenda highlights: Guided Earth Day hike; Scoop the Poop campaign; Breakneck hill management; Map with an artist’s illustration
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after going through last week’s list:
Thursday, March 31, 2022
- St Mark’s Street Park working group meeting7:00 p.m. (agenda, video) Agenda highlights: Response from St Mark’s School; Historical Contributions of the Commission; Feedback and discussion of options for recommendations
- Economic Development Committee meetingClock (agenda, video) Agenda highlights: Report on Economic Development Initiatives and MBTA Communities – 495/MetroWest Partnership Presentation; Quarterly EEA Subsidy Report Update; EDC Review of Master Plan 2021
- ARPA meeting7:30 p.m. (agenda, video) Agenda highlights: Review proposals and identify open questions; Discuss valuation approach
Friday April 1, 2022
- Meeting of the Council on Aging8:30 a.m. (agenda) Agenda highlights: Presentation of the Walking Committee, Spring Programs, Budget and Grant for FY23; budget for caregiver meals; clarification of tax workoff program; updates on ARPA status and Capital Committee; program ideas
*The City intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via live streaming (and stored) video and audio on YouTube, with some available for public comment via Zoom. Live streaming of school board meetings is available for webinar viewing only.
I do not include closed executive sessions unless the agenda indicates an opportunity to do something in an open public session at the opening or closing of the session.